The 5 best fruits for liver and kidney health
Do you want to know how you can take better care of your liver and kidney health? First of all, the most important thing is that you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Choosing a smart diet that limits your intake of salt and fat is an important part of this.
Getting regular exercise, quitting smoking and dealing with your emotions are additional factors that you need to keep in mind. But nature also offers a little help for liver and kidney health that you shouldn't be without, and that's fruits.
In today's article, we will find out which fruits will best help you take care of your liver and kidneys. So, keep reading!
- Eat watermelon for liver and kidney health
Watermelon¦ who doesn't love watermelon? The light and delicious fruit which is so refreshing in the summer and which is excellent to combine with other fruits, and which can also be added to lunches and dinners. Have you ever tried making a salad with spinach, cheese, nuts, watermelon and mint? It is divine.
But let's examine why watermelon is especially good for liver and kidney health:
- Watermelon is one of the best fruits for cleansing the kidneys and promoting proper liver function, thanks to its diuretic properties and ability to detoxify the body.
- Drinking the juice from watermelon is the healthiest way to consume this fruit because it is more quickly absorbed into the tissues and blood, further stimulating good kidney function.
- Always choose fresh watermelons. If they are overripe, they can bring you problems rather than benefits.
- Cranberries cleanse the liver and kidneys
The best way to consume cranberries is to drink them as juice. In addition to being delicious, cranberry juice optimizes liver, kidney and bladder function. Here are some of the amazing benefits of it :
- Cranberries are a natural antioxidant and one of the best fruits you can find for natural detoxification.
- They help remove toxins, purify the body and blood, and protect you from the effects of free radicals.
- One of the most well-known properties of cranberries is their ability to prevent bacteria from adhering to the walls of the bladder. Believe it or not, it is something that cares for the entire gastrointestinal tract.
- Lemon is detoxifying
Lemon and lemon juice are two of the best natural and medicinal foods you can consume every day. On this blog, we often talk about the benefits of drinking lemon water on an empty stomach, and that's partly because it's an excellent way to take care of the health of the liver and kidneys.
- Lemons are a natural detoxifier that helps treat fatty liver disease, among other things.
- With their high content of vitamins and minerals, lemons contribute to optimizing and strengthening the functions of the liver and kidneys.
- Another benefit of lemons is that they help break down food when it reaches the stomach. In this way, they contribute to promoting good digestion.
- Apples affect cholesterol
Green apples, red apples¦ choose the variety you want! Choose your favorite or take the ones that look best. They are all equally good at taking care of liver and kidney health while protecting your heart health. Why not add some apple slices to your breakfast today? Apples are a great option, but make sure you eat the skins too “ that's the best part!
In addition to keeping down the levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, apples also promote proper kidney function and help you detoxify the liver.
You should preferably eat an apple a day for the greatest benefit. Just make sure to rinse them and remember to always eat them with the skin on.
- Red grapes contain antioxidants
Always choose darker coloured grapes. Why? They are richer in antioxidants and other medicinal properties than green grapes.
- Red grapes are a powerful diuretic that helps you cleanse the kidneys and improve the function of the liver.
- As you probably already know, they are full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and they promote the removal of toxins and other harmful waste products from the body.
- Red grapes have a very high water content, almost 80%. This makes them suitable for daily consumption, and just like apples, you should always eat them with the skin on as a lot of the benefits come from this part of the fruit.
- You can enjoy grapes in many different ways: at breakfast with oatmeal or Greek yogurt, or with a lovely salad with spinach, nuts, cheese and even some watermelon if you want.
- Now if you are wondering about wine, a glass of red wine a day can also be good for your liver and kidneys! The benefits of red wine come from resveratrol “ a powerful antioxidant found in red grapes which, according to various studies, is excellent for treating fatty liver. Just remember to stick to one glass a day¦ everything should be consumed in