In 5 steps of effective learning
The first and perhaps most important thing about learning is to learn to enjoy it and appreciate our successes. Learning
Among the many words of wisdom shared by my junior high school principal. I will never forget when he told our parents. Their most important task during our first year or two at school is to teach us to learn. Of course, at the age of six or seven, I let this slip by my ear. Considering that it wasn't actually meant for me. As a graduate, I understood how grateful I should be for learning to stick to deadlines, organize everything, forget nothing, and study efficiently. It is very important to develop one's own habits. Which works for some people, with the help of which you reap the laurels one after the other. But it is not certain that it will work for us.
- The first and perhaps most important thing about learning is to learn to enjoy it and appreciate our successes. Learning has a defining part of our lives. Most of us spend at least 12 years with it during our lives. Although it has definitely worth mentioning the almost commonplace. But all the more true proverb that "a good priest studies until he dies".
- Time passes, it waits for no one. This is precisely why it is indescribably essential that we learn to assign. It's worth writing a list of our tasks. So when we're done with one. We cross out and color in the given line. With this method. We encourage and motivate ourselves to get things done as quickly as possible. Last but not least, nothing left behind, and it is much easier to allocate our time if we can see what awaits us at the same time. Many people make the mistake of putting things off until the last minute. And the following proverb is related to this: "What you can do today, don't put it off until tomorrow"! Better do everything first to be "free". If you know something will take longer or you have to learn a topic that is more difficult for you, share it! It is worth including 2-3 "unplanned" rest days in the learning process; it may happen that we miss something before or our brain is not able to absorb new information.
Many people don't even use a paper-based calendar anymore, preferring the phone version. If we approach it in the way that it is always at hand, it is much easier to plan in advance, if all events and dates "booked" months in advance, but it is definitely worth buying a desktop calendar. In this way, we can concentrate on the given week, it is impossible to lose sight of it.
- Don't make it too hot in the room where you study! I also love good heat in winter. But the body quickly gets used to the potentially even higher temperature, and we slowly get cold again. Many of you have probably already experienced that the heat makes you sleepy, reduces the ability to concentrate, and what everyone has already felt: after a while it "suffocates", you feel like you can't get enough air. Make sure to ventilate often, and try to study in natural light. A pleasant temperature for studying is around 20-21 C°.
- The desk has always ruled by order! Of course, it happens to everyone that they go to sleep leaving all the books and notebooks where they learned from, but it is worth making it a habit to pack them up on the table. Let's try to keep as few papers that have already written/evaluated exams and papers issued by teachers on our desks as possible. This will make everything more transparent. It has advisable to keep only the most important stationery on the table. To prepare only the accessories of the subject to studied at the moment. So it has more difficult to get distracted.
It's worth "tagging" our accounts, so we'll always know where to look when we're looking for something. From time to time I also include a selection; it is surprising how many unnecessary things can accumulate even in just one year.
- Environmental change is important! Of course, I don't want to say that you should move from your desk to under a warm blanket, but it has recommended to do a test in the field of learning in different rooms of the apartment/house. In this way, our brain able to associate the material to recalled with the environment, and it also brings a little variety to our lives. Yes, even when it comes to studying.
Knowledge has one of those things in life that never taken away from you, not a single minute invested in it wasted, it will definitely pay off!